Accreditation & Governance
Vega is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private further and higher education and training institution under the Further Education and Training Colleges Act, 2006 (reg. no. 2009/FE07/003, prov. to 31/12/2014) and the Higher Education Act, 1997 (reg. no. 2007/HE07/002).
The IIE is the awarding body for the qualifications offered at Vega, and is thus responsible for the quality of curriculum development, teaching, assessment and compliance with laws and regulations. The following committees assist The IIE with its mandate;
In line with conventional higher education practice, the Senate is the highest academic decision-making structure of The IIE, and in this capacity sets academic policy for the Group. The Senate is chaired by the Director, and its secretary is the Registrar. Heads of Faculty and Heads of Programme are ex officio members, as are all other staff within The IIE with an academic mandate, including the Head Librarian.
Programme Advisory Councils:
The National Advisory Council has to ensure that the vision, mission and value character of the school is carried out. It has also been selected to ensure representation of relevant branding, advertising and marketing industry expertise, and to represent individuals able to provide an academic overview on the various programmes. Each campus has Regional Advisory Council that feeds into the National Advisory Council.
The National Advisory Council has a mandate from The Independent Institute of Education (IIE) and there is close liaison between this Council, The IIE Senate and the AdVtech Advisory Council.
Role of Regional Advisory Council:
- Helping to ensure that the vision, purpose and value character of the school is upheld on the specific campus.
- The overseeing of the quality, quantity and experience of the Vega learning process.
- Benchmarking student outputs regionally.
- Contributing to building the Vega brand by guiding the campus on issues such as marketing, internships, partnerships, career placement and local industry input.
- Ensuring representation of relevant branding, business, marketing and advertising industry expertise.
- Harnessing local opportunities and industry support to add value to the Vega student learning experience.