This short learning programme presents a professional creative edge in that you are trained in how to apply the software to relevant communication mediums.
Design skills training is delivered in tandem with digital training to ensure students gain hands-on, real-world confidence and skill in web design.
This SLP course provides you with fundamental skills necessary to create websites, from planning to deployment.
You will learn how to use industry-standard software to design, code, and animate web media, all the while receiving on-going instruction and guidance on best-practices, design, and website structure from an industry professional.
On successful completion of this popular SLP course, you will be able to:
- Use industry standard web development software to develop websites
- Prepare graphics for websites
- Hand-code simple web pages
- Publish complete websites on the Internet
- Understand common internet protocols and services, such as http, ftp, hosting, etc
- Create a website using a WYSIWYG editor (Adobe Dreamweaver CS6)
- Utilise server-side scripting (basic PHP)
- Combine website technolgies (HTML, CSS and WordPress)
This course covers:
- HTML (up to HTML5) for web design
- Introduction to PHP (server-side scripting)
- Introduction to WordPress and Content Management Systems (CMS) including theme customization
This programme is presented over 15 weeks with two lessons per week.
For upcoming dates
and a breakdown
of what is covered in the course, click here
The simplest way to book is to use the register link above. We do not accept telephonic or verbal commitments.
All workshops require a minimum enrollment of 10 delegates. Should there be insufficient enrollments to make the course feasible to run, the programme may be postponed or cancelled.
Online registration for this course is conditional. To complete registration, delegates need to supply certified copies of their ID document and matric certificate.
Back to Programmes