Junior Graphic Design Specialist
Guud Graphic Designer
- Office based with flexi hybrid approach.
- This position is for a graphic designer, but our ideal candidate will also have experience in assisting in creating basic video content, infographics and motion graphic artworks.
- New opportunity for a self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic Graphic Designer interested in new experiences and professional growth to join our team in Cape Town to work on an innovative technology and mobility brand.
- The Graphic Designer will create, design, execute, and coordinate production of both print and digital marketing materials that inspire, excite and educate our clients while communicating an effective message that promotes the brand objectives according to the company’s marketing objectives.
- Our ideal candidate has a natural talent and a disciplined approach to design, a keen eye for detail and is competent in brand assets design, application and roll-out.
- They need to be open to creative direction and guidance, but also comfortable with working independently.
- You'll be working on a variety of aspects of designing collateral and content, including info-graphics, proposal templates, brochures, point of sale design, signage, vehicle branding, digital graphics for both social media and website use, and will be responsible for ensuring the Guud brand is well represented across all design functions.
- Our ideal candidate will also have experience with designing and producing motion graphics and will be working directly with the Digital Marketing Manager on compiling impactful static and video content which will be used on various marketing platforms.
- This position falls within the growing Marketing Department of Guud.
- Be responsible for the development and creation of graphic design materials required from Guud and our partners companies.
- Produce both print and digital marketing assets (static and motion), including social media, online, infographics, collateral, point of sale branding, brochures, etc. under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager and the Head of Marketing & Comms.
- Ensure all marketing materials remain consistent and aligned with Guud’s identity and marketing objectives.
- Be responsible for assisting in producing basic video content to be used across various online platforms.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams in aligning efforts and resources) to understand their needs and design effective content to achieve company goals.
- Create and maintain templates and digital assets to ensure accurate presentation in multiple channels (web, email, or print) that align with Guud’s objectives in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of composition and layout, colour, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design.
- Continuously stay abreast of and recommend new trends, approaches and technologies.
- Develop and maintain the corporate identity brand guide.
- Degree in Graphic Design, related field, or the equivalent combination of education and work.
- 1- 2 years work experience however we are open to a Junior / entry level candidate if you believe in your abilities!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare files for production.
- Effectively work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, juggle, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clear thinker, exercising good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong passion for your work, impeccable attention to detail, and effectively meet deadlines and reactiveness to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to create marketing materials.
- Work hours: Preferably 3 – 4 days in the office, 1 -2 days remote (if desired).
SOFTWARE DESIGN SKILLS
- Adobe Creative Cloud | Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, In Design, Video Editor
- Microsoft Office
Posted on : 05/10/2023