Senior UX Designer
Liquid Thought is a strategic digital innovations agency. We partner with our clients to deliver web and mobile technology solutions that solve business problems or create business opportunities that help grow their business. With more than 21 years of experience in tailor-making and delivering best-of-class solutions, we are always on the hunt for talented problem solvers that have deep creative, technology or strategy skills and enjoy out-of-the-box thinking. Turning user interfaces into something that people enjoy using is where you thrive.
We are in search of a Senior UX Designer with demonstrable skills in user centered design. In this role, you should be analytical and more of a design engineer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems with design.
- You will craft taxonomy, personas, journey maps, wireframes and prototypes based on business goals informed by research, data and user testing to tailor-make a better user experience.
- This role will entail being responsible for end to end delivery of our UX offering, require you to be hands-on in each project and provide guidance and direction to junior designers along with collaborating with a cross-functional team responsible for design implementation.
- You would have championed projects of this nature, navigating your way through complex requirements that involve multiple stakeholders and rely on strong research and communication skills to create and optimize user experiences.
- UX Skills Understand, scope requirements, and drive innovative solutions aligned with business goals and UX metrics.
- Have a thorough understanding of and be able to implement various qualitative and quantitative research methods, example Heuristic evaluations, usability testing, card sorting, etc.
- Be able to convert research findings into solutions that enhance the user’s experience. Illustrate solutions through various deliverables like journey maps, information architectures and wireframes.
- Developing compelling visual artefacts prototypes and wireframes etc, to effectively communicate UX needs that promote ease of use Test design solutions both internally and with real users to verify feasibility of end-product.
- Adhere to design standards and best practice by understanding and following the Design System. In many instances, you will need to design the Design System yourself where it does not exist or needs to be reimagined.
- Advocating for the end-user throughout the development process and work closely with other members of the Design and Product Team to craft a worldclass user experience.
- Research and stay abreast of the latest UX design trends and practices, including interaction design and UI concepts, presentation layer technologies, digital best practices, broader digital trends that influence UX design and infuse these learnings into our team and continuous improvement of our overall UX design offering.
- Conduct competitor research to develop and improve features of products and to balance user needs, technical constraints and business objectives to solve user problems effectively.
- Conduct best practice research to develop and improve interaction design to solve end user problems effectively Consider user feedback from user testing results to deliver the best customer and user experience.
- You will be responsible for developing and managing UX design assets along with the Head of this BU.
- Effectively communicate ideas, both verbally and visually to gain stakeholder approval.
- Collaborate actively and work effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and add value to Liquid Thought.
Requirements and skills
- Strong portfolio of UX design projects across a variety of platforms, industries and use cases.
- Deep knowledge and proven experience prototyping with Axure.
- Experience in design practice of omni-channel product development to attain seamless UX through design thinking practice.
- Understanding of Interaction Design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude and aptitude.
- Design degree from an accredited design school – preferably Postgraduate in Design or a related field
- Proven experience with Usability and Interaction Design, producing well thought research-based solutions, user journeys, flows, wireframes and prototypes etc.
- Experience of 5 years of crafting and designing digital products and services.
- A self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Able to thrive in multidisciplinary teams with concurrent activities
- Able to work efficiently on complex requirements and short deadlines