Masterpack Johannesburg a division of Bidvest Paperplus (Pty)Ltd
The incumbent reporting to the Customer Services Manager will be expected to:
- Liaise and take customer briefs from the company's account managers and transform them into folding cartons that fit the customers’ requirements, brand, and vision.
- Design bespoke cartons to house customized products from concept.
- Develop structural drawings using industry specific CAD software that will be fit for estimating, production and customer requirements.
- Provide electronic files to be used for the sourcing of accurate and appropriate tooling. Archive designs and drawings in a user-friendly recoverable manner.
- Engaging and identifying development opportunities in operations.
- Assisting with capital projects and continuous improvement.
- Managed tooling from inception to recording and filing.
To be considered for the position you should meet at least the following essential criteria:
- Matric/N3/Grade 12 academic educational qualification together with an appropriate qualification in CAD design.
- Experience in structural design of folding carton an advantage.
- Experience in process operation of flatbed die cutting (Bobst preferred) an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of a reputable CAD software and Microsoft office suite essential.
- Creative mind with a passion for three-dimensional structural design an essential.
- Complimentary graphic design skills an advantage.
- Ability to work according to high standards of accuracy at all times.
- Good problem-solving skills. The ability to work according to strict deadlines on a continuous basis.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Professional in approach.
- Best suited to an individual who prides themselves as a perfectionist and finds innovation exciting.
- Having both artistic and mathematical acumens will make this function rewarding.
- The successful applicant will receive both technical and software training.
Posted on : 07/12/2023