Merchant Capital is an innovative FinTech on a growth trajectory, powering up the local economy one ambitious business owner at a time. As an entrepreneur-led business, we are proud to have cultivated a high-energy and results driven market culture, attracting self-starters with a can-do attitude. And because our success is based on collaboration, testing, learning, and spotting opportunities, we value dynamic thinkers who respect each other.
Our people describe us as ‘high-performing’, ‘fast-paced’ and ‘agile’. We are deliberate about who joins us because we know that A-Team players want to work with A-Team players! Just as we ignite the aspirations of our clients, we provide the environment for each team member to drive their ambitious growth.
Merchant Capital gives you the space, support, and autonomy to reach beyond your role. If you understand ambition, care about the clients you serve, and know what it means to really hustle, then Merchant Capital is the place for you.
About the role:
We’re looking for an energetic, ambitious Brand and Campaign Manager that has a keen understanding of Hubspot, digital & social media marketing know-how and campaign management experience.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Marketing and other key team members across the business to build brand awareness and generate demand through strategic marketing initiatives. This is an Intermediate role and a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop further in their marketing career, for someone who wants to be close to the strategic thinking and decision making and likes variety.
It is more of a generalist role, and you will get exposure to many elements of marketing from social media marketing, digital campaigns, content generation and campaign measurement. Reporting to an experienced Head of Marketing will give many opportunities for growth. The aim of this role is to support Merchant Capital and the internal teams to increase our visibility in the market and with our clients and partners.
- Develop and execute the Inbound Digital marketing plans with the support of the Head of Marketing
- Manage and oversee various digital marketing channels
- Manage campaigns and inbound marketing initiatives via Hubspot
- Oversee the company's website
- Work with Content co-ordinator to suggest activities for improving the quality of online content
- Track and measure SEO and Google Analytics metrics and provide reports
- Campaign and initiative reporting
- Understanding the customer journey across all touch points to develop, plan and execute campaigns to improve brand awareness and lead generation
- Work with suppliers and specialists to execute on campaigns and activities
- Analyse marketing campaign performance including metrics, conversion and retention to understand effectively
- Review the activities to ensure lessons are learnt and successes can be easily repeated
- Work with Head of Product to manage and launch new product features, ensuring successful implementation internally and externally including enablement tools
- Analyse market trends, consumer behaviour and competitor activities to inform business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Acquisitions and Sales
- Social media marketing – planning and execution
- Strong content / writing skills
- Campaign management experience
- Digital / SEO marketing experience
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player attitude that works well with others Interpersonal and other skills
- Great, clear, verbal communication is essential.
- Relationship Building Skills
- Negotiation Skills'
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Marketing/ Communications/ Commerce
- 2+ years’ experience in a Financial Services (or similar) environment
- 4+ years in a Marketing / Campaign Management role
- 2+ years in a Team lead / Management role
- Min 2 years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies via Hubspot CRM (setting up and running campaigns, landing pages, workflows, reporting etc)
- Min 1 years of hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing
- Track record of executing on campaigns and excellent project management