Key duties and responsibilities 📆
- Maintain Petco’s annual calendar, including marketing and logistics
💻Social and Digital Media:
- Ensure website is up to date Community management on Petco social media channels
- Manage and organise drop-off sites on the Petco website
- Research and keep abreast of trends in the social media/digital space
📨Newsletters and Emails:
- Compile news for inclusion in newsletters.
- Manage and respond to email enquiries.
- Marketing and Communication Develop and update material, fact sheets and branding
- Track media and campaign performance
- Ensure Petco is represented at key community events, including making presentations
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of the regular e-newsletter and news flashes; assist with the compilation of the Petco publications
- Organise the Petco database to ensure that contacts are up to date, in the correct stakeholder group and that inactive subscribers are removed so that we do not incur costs for them
- Support the setup of various member engagement activities
- Support Petco membership administration
📒Stakeholder Engagement Administration:
- Support the updating and maintenance of a stakeholder database on Sharepoint.
- Contribute to Petco’s general office duties where required.
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Sustainability, Conservation, Environmental Sciences, or a similar field.
- Understanding of Business Practices
- In-Depth Research and Analysis
- Computer Proficiency
- Interpersonal Communication
- Client and Customer Relationships
- Public Speaking
- Thinking Takes initiative
- Database Management (Excel, Sharepoint)
- Other requirements
- A passion for the green agenda and the desire to be part of changing the waste management sector in South Africa.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Occasional weekend-hours and after-hours required.
- Own or reliable transport essential.
- Languages Must have excellent skills in written and spoken English.
- Competence in an additional South African language would be an advantage.