Helpful, friendly team? ✅
Expand your professional experience? ✅
Work on a product that makes a difference? ✅
Remote work? ✅
Join Studyclix’s mission to make preparing for exams easier!
The job: We are looking for someone who is excited at the prospect of working on a new, soon to be launched, educational website for South Africa - www.studyclix.co.za.
This role will be a good fit for you if :
- Are honest, trustworthy and reliable.
- Are detail-oriented: you pay close attention to all the small particulars when working on a project and have an eye for spotting when something isn't perfect so that you create high-quality work with little to no errors.
- Are highly skilled in the correct usage of written English.
- Have an aptitude for graphics: you will need to be able to spot when text is the wrong colour, a document formatting is off or that adding an image would improve a blog.
- Have great communication skills (verbal and written).
- Are a "go-getting", energetic person with a positive attitude.
- Produce quality work and are ready to learn new skills.
- Are proactive in raising any issues you encounter so that you can achieve your daily goals.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and within groups.
- Care that what we do will help students learn and teachers teach.
- Proficiency in Google products (Docs, Slides, Sheets etc.)
- Experience in copywriting/written content creation
- Very familiar with the South African Matric Exams
- Achieved a good bachelor’s degree pass in your Matric exams.
- Experience of writing marketing/sales copy
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience of tutoring/coaching students to do better in their exams
- Experience of managing others on small scale projects
- BA/BSc degree.
In this role, you will learn:
- How to check content and provide feedback for other writers
- How to work in ‘agile’ teams, allowing you to solve problems and change tasks quickly to meet deadlines
- How to collaborate with educational professionals based in South Africa through our company focus groups and customer feedback requests
- How to use our industry standard Content Management System, Project Tracking software as well as other in-house systems
- How to write and edit resources to support students and teachers
- More about different areas within Studyclix via shadowing.
Terms of contract:
- You must be based in South Africa
- 100 ZAR per hour rate
- 6 months initial contract (with the potential to extend)
- Fully remote role
- Working hours: hours are flexible but must be worked between the hours of 9am and 8pm (GMT+2)
- 35 hours a week
- This is a ‘freelance’/ self-employed role where you invoice us on a bi-weekly basis for hours worked.
What is Provided by Studyclix?
- Google account (access to Gmail, Google Calendar, sheets etc…)
- Full training: you will be supported to become familiar with all our tools and processes on our Irish site so that you can then apply your knowledge to the South African site.
What you will need to have:
- Reliable internet connection - use speed checkers such as fast.com to check connection.
- Minimum speed:
- 50ms average latency when pinging 22.214.171.124
- Should be able to be on a call with 10 people, having camera and microphone on, with no connection issues
- Computer or laptop, Recommended spec:
- 10th or 11th Generation Processor
- 16Gb RAM
- 512 SDD Hard drive (This allows for all necessary programs and systems to run optimally)
- Two monitors are preferable but not required. This allows for design working space with content and other necessary tabs open
- Webcam (and microphone facility)
- Adequate working space - ideally a desk size that is at least 84cm across and 70cm deep
Who we are:
Based in Ireland, Studyclix helps students to achieve their potential. We provide students and teachers with innovative exam preparation tools and exam-specific content.We are a fully remote, diverse and fun team. We work flexible hours and use digital tools to enable us to work effectively and asynchronously as a team. We value work-life balance and support our employees to have both the career and the personal life they want.
Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram: @studyclix
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please apply by emailing us your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please outline why you think you are right for the role. Please add ‘South Africa - Content Administrator’ as the subject in your email and ensure that it reaches us by no later than Sunday 19th March 2023.