An exciting opportunity exists for a Marketing Trainee to work within the Marketing Department and help manage projects that are aimed at driving sales, differentiating the various brands from competitors, and adding value to our customers in a meaningful way.
Through customer and competitor research, data analytics of internal sales, and collaborating with other teams such as Buying and Store operations, the Marketing Trainee will help uncover clear customer insights that will form part of the customer-centric strategy of the business.
Working in strategic marketing at Shoprite also introduces new employees to the world of FMCG food retail, on a scale that is the largest in Africa. Although not a place where you can relax and put your feet up, the Shoprite Marketing Department is lean, smart and a place where you can see how the decisions you make will impact the business.
If you are looking for a challenge, are passionate about marketing and retail and have a keen sense for analytics, then we would like to hear from you.
The job: To support driving the key marketing objectives, which may include:
a) To implement an annual brand strategy for specific divisions and areas of Shoprite Checkers.
b) To align all marketing and communications (advertising) with the main marketing strategy in terms of the look, feel, price and product offer.
c) To ensure most effective and efficient marketing spend.
d) To develop healthy and sustainable relationships with media and brand agencies.
- To implement an annual Brand strategy in specific divisions and areas of Shoprite / Checkers.
- To align all marketing / communication (advertising) with the main marketing strategy in terms of the look, feel, price and product offer.
- To ensure most effective and efficient marketing spend.
- To develop healthy and sustainable relationships with media and brand agencies.
- A passion for marketing, grit, the willingness to work hard and win!
- Marketing Degree or Diploma essential