Position available immediately
Location: Bedfordview, Johannesburg
Education: 3 year Diploma or Degree
A marketing and strategy company in Bedfordview is urgently looking for a mature, strong creative designer for their in-house design studio. The person needs to be a team player who is goal oriented and takes pride in high quality of work.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time client needs and deadlines.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend an in house session to complete a small brief so as to assess specific skills.
Only candidates with digital and print portfolios will be considered. Please provide a full CV, contactable references, proof of education level and previous work.
Mac OS Software Knowledge requirements:
- Adobe CC which includes: Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Muse, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Acrobat
- Digital applications: Wordpress, Html, Css, Php, basic editing, FTP, Filezilla, Mailchimp
- All Microsoft software
Design disciplines required:
- Branding CI development and logo design
- Campaign development
- Magazine design and layout
- Photo editing and deep etching
- Wordpress development and editing Muse website design and development
- Full repro and print setup HTML and CSS coding
- Digital emailers and invites and registration forms
- DTP FTP uploading and database setup
- Video editing not mandatory
- Illustration not mandatory
Duties and Responsibilities:
As our Graphic designer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Conceptualise and design creative ideas and concepts and apply it across all executions and channels
- Must be able to design a wide range of products such as Business cards, flyers, banners, posters, flags, etc
- DTP layout and design of print ready artwork and files
- Must be able to create artwork that is print ready with bleed and cut lines
- Some knowledge of web design, including websites, app creative, social media and digital advertising.
- Design direct marketing including email, desk drops and notifications.
- Design internal communication
- Design collateral and branding including brand guides, brochures, publications, merchandising, etc.
- Work on multiple clients, projects and briefs at the same time.