Are you a curious explorer and the go-to person for the best local tips? Are you a constant planner who believes that magic is in the details? Do you think that travel can be a force for good, benefitting both people and planet? If so, are you ready to make the dreams of others come true? Then Viatu might be the right destination for your next big professional endeavour.
Please apply directly on our website: https://viatu-talent.freshteam.com/jobs/AEZIbApJVriV/travel-experience-intern-remote
Be part of shaping the next-gen travel platform that lets travellers design and book their next adventure of a lifetime. Viatu simplifies the booking experience for itinerary-based travel. As a young and ambitious startup, our mission is to make sustainable travel accessible to all. For us, travel is a force for positive impact and should leave the place better than it was found. We are a remote and diverse team of travel experts, tech hotshots, design pros, savvy scientists, and nature lovers representing over 10 nationalities.
We seek a Travel Experience Specialist to join our Customer Experience team. As an ideal candidate, you are based in Cape Town, customer-focused, service-oriented, and have recently graduated from university.
You have vast destination knowledge of southern and east Africa and the ability to enhance and enrich tailor-made trips designed by our sales teams to make our travellers' wildest dreams come true.
You assume accountability for the logistical ins and outs of our client's trips – you document all crucial information and make yourself available for any urgent assistance needed during their trip.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Your role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- You realise and enrich compelling tailor-made trips inspired by our customers’ dreams
- You actively engage with our customers from the moment they book, including while they’re travelling, and after their trip
- You manage the post-booking process with the help of our internal tools
- You help travellers navigate seamlessly through their African adventure by providing special experiences, helping with their requests and reaching out proactively to ensure their satisfaction along the way
- You liaise with hotels and lodges to preempt and resolve issues or celebrate special occasions
- You collaborate with the product and marketing team to improve and expand the offering on our website
- You work closely with our sales and content team to create new blog posts and guides that help our customers during their travels
- You manage post-travel communication through automations, solicit reviews and entice travellers to recommend us or book again
- You manage and report back on your KPIs regularly and work continuously towards improving customer satisfaction.
What you bring to Viatu:
- You have an incurable case of wanderlust, and a passion for travel, African wildlife, and people
- You have a soft spot for sustainability and care deeply about the environment and the people who live in it
- You are passionate about turning our customers’ dreams into reality, and understand this often requires you to be flexible and think on your feet
- You have a service mindset and can put yourself in the shoes of our customers You work meticulously with a high degree of autonomy
- You recently got a Bachelor's degree in tourism, social science, marketing, economics or a related field
- You are an effective and engaging communicator
- A big plus Based in Cape Town
- Travel experience in Southern and Eastern Africa
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- 100% remote position
- Experience a thriving startup culture and work with industry experts, former Googlers and Booking.com engineers
- Access attractive travel incentives at reduced rates for yourself and your family
- Be part of an ambitious international team that collaborates and thrives in a fully remote and vibrant environment Workload
- The total workload is 45 hours per week.
- You are free to structure your own work hours, however, as a service business, we require the following availability: Regular availability during standard work hours (9 am to 5 pm) "On-call" availability outside of regular work hours incl. weekends.
- We compensate extra work hours based on actual delivery.
*Preference is given to candidates based in Cape Town and the surrounding regions.*