ABOUT WILD AFRICA FUND:
Founded by WildAid co-founder Peter Knights, OBE, and based out of Cape Town with teams in Lagos, Harare, Kigali, Accra and Windhoek, Wild Africa Fund is a dynamic new African NGO.
We aim to be Africa’s most effective conservation communicator inspiring the public support and political will to protect Africa’s wildlife and wild spaces forever.
We are currently looking for talented interns to join our growing Communications and Post-Production teams. Our ideal candidates will earnestly want to protect Africa’s wildlife heritage and will be inspired by the opportunity to play a pivotal role in building a new kind of African organisation to do so.
We are seeking creative minds, can-do attitudes, and those hungry to learn and deliver for a meaningful cause. They should be well-organised, detail-oriented, and motivated to keep up.
Candidates will enjoy working in a talented small team, with good communication skills. They would ideally have qualified in the top tiers of their classes and/or have some previous work or internship experience.
- Must be Cape Town based
- Full time requirement in office
Paid internship GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN:
- Our graphic design intern will have a strong focus on producing assets for social media including static graphics, GIFs, and reels.
- They will also be required to take on roll out for brochures for different countries, PPT / keynote presentations, PDF design for website resources, possible poster / billboard design etc.
- A key part of the role would be working to align to brand guidelines and develop the guidelines further to ensure brand consistency into the future.
- On occasion they will be required to support the team with research tasks and admin.
- Align to, and further develop, Wild Africa Fund’s brand guidelines
- Design assets for social media, including static / graphic posts, GIFs, and reels
- Design a variety of elements from PPT / Keynote presentations to brochures and PDF resources
- Support with research tasks and admin One month trial with view to extend to three-month internship.
- Potential for a full-time position depending on performance.
- Preference will be given to BIPOC. To apply, upload your one-page cover letter and CV / resume here: https://wildafricafund.org/jobs/graphic-design-and-video-editing-internships-paid/
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (access to programmes to be provided)
- A graphic design qualification would be looked on favourably
- Own desktop / laptop if possible
- Good knowledge of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter / X and LinkedIn, including the different formats required for each channel
- Strong understanding of social media and design trends
- Good communication skills and willingness to collaborate in a team
- Ambition and eagerness to learn - Strong attention to detail