Looking for a Junior or Mid fashion designer.
We supply Miladys, Mr Price, Edgars, Truworths and mostly import from China and Madagascar but also have a Local FTY we will start using this year
My Factories are reliable and supported by all of my customers. Some of them have been on board for 12 years.
Our focus is on Ladies denim and sleepwear and Girlswear denim but now also have Menswear enquiries.
We also do Fashion bottoms for various customers as well as Sleepwear.
My preference would be somebody with a few years experience but if the applicant is passionate and a quick learner I am happy to teach them.
- Research and keep up to date with trends.
- Look for ideas on internet so Factories can make development styles to sell when not travelling
- Tag and take pics of overseas samples as well as Fits on the relevant dummies.
- Attend all briefing meetings with buyers.
- Depending on experience they will liaise directly with buyers
- Prepare briefs to Factories using photos and specs so they can cost and make up fits once costs are cfmd.
- Briefs are done on email or Excel so Cads on Illustrator are not necessary but an added bonus.
- Prepare costing spreadsheets in Excel with pics and all style details
- Steam, tag, access and do workbooks for Fits on Excel inserting photos & measurements.
- The accessing & measuring will be done with myself and applicant will need an understanding of patterns.
- Send all approvals to buyers and follow up and send comments to Factories
- Drop off and collect at customers so will need their own transport
- Follow up Fabric Lab reports with Factories which are used for Production samples.
- Arrange and send parcels to ChIna and well as follow up parcels from China
- Create style records booklets for each Customer of all styles confirmed and delivered
- All of the above will be for a junior level and overlooked by myself until they are able to take on certain duties on their own.
- If the applicant has experience they will be given more responsibilities
Posted on : 16/01/2023