The short course is designed for those responsible for developing or implementing brand and marketing strategies in the online space. The digital economy demands brand-building strategies that are dynamic, innovative and integrate brand building across multiple platforms. Digital strategy is critical to the implementation and optimisation of brand strategy in an interactive and increasingly-connected business landscape. The short course encourages, agile, hybrid and creative thinking to build and market brands online.
This short course covers:
- The evolution from traditional to digital brand building
- Differentiation between digital brand strategy and digital marketing
- Digital consumer personas and archetypes
- Evaluation of different digital channels in context of brand building
- Search engine optimisation and search engine management
- Pay-per-click strategies and tactics
- Display and native advertising
- Paid, earned, shared, and owned social media options
- Planning for creating, building, and repurposing content
- Email marketing, mobile messaging, and apps
- Influencer and affiliate marketing
- Developing a social media playbook
- Creating a social media policy and the POPI Act
- Developing, budgeting, and managing a digital campaign
- Digital marketing analytics and metrics
Who should join:
This course is aimed at brand managers, marketing managers, marketing executives, small business owners, entrepreneurs, IT managers and others considering a career in digital marketing and brand building. These individuals will have an interest in the strategic aspects of digital communication and want to set the foundation for understanding this digital landscape.
How will I benefit:
This short course will enhance your ability to integrate digital strategy into your brand building and marketing. You will be equipped with an understanding of the practical and tactical elements of digital strategy and the skills required to:
- Utilise digital tools, platforms and data effectively
- Create social media strategies to meet business objectives
- Create a content marketing plan for brand building
- Effectively consider Google advertising and search engine marketing & optimisation
- Obtain consumer and marketing insights through analytical platforms and opinion mining
- Optimise utilisation of mobile, email and applications
- Manage and control online reputation and crises
Online delivery includes:
An online learning system that leads students through the content, prescribed material and activities.
Online academic navigators (tutors) who are subject experts and maintain the human experience of the learning process.
Weekly live sessions with the course’s online navigator.
An online success navigator who supports students throughout the learning journey.
Access to our online information centre.
Scheduled live sessions generally take place after hours.
While you can generally structure your study time as you need, there are scheduled online sessions during which you will get mediated support. Scheduled assessments in the form of online activities and assignments are paced to ensure your studies progress.
A reliable internet connection, own device with (at least) Windows 7 and Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge Chromium or Firefox and 5-10 GB of data are essential to enrol on this short course.
To succeed in your online journey, you need to be:
Self-motivated and invested in your learning journey.
Disciplined and able to balance studying with work and family commitments.
Able to direct your own studies, maintaining a diligent pace.
To assist you in succeeding in your online journey, our teaching approach is:
Student-centric: we facilitate your thought processes to foster innovative ideas and creative solutions.
Authentic: we use real-life examples and case studies.
Activity-based: We move your learning forward through applied activities and assessments.
Discussion-based: we ask you questions and stimulate debate to provoke deep thought and insights about course content.
*In the case of insufficient registrations, or other unforeseen circumstances, IIE-Vega reserves the right, at any time, to either postpone or cancel any Short Course.
IIE-Vega Finance Option:
Payment Method A (payable prior to course start date)
Payment Method B (monthly payment option)
R4 700 Deposit
R13 900 Total Cost Including Deposit
R9 200 Total Cost Excluding Deposit
R4 700 Deposit (payable prior to course start date)
R13 900 Total Cost Including Deposit
R4 600 Instalment Fee (2 Monthly Instalments)
External Finance Option:
Learning Loans (Pty) Ltd, a registered credit provider (NCRCP9789), is offering IIE-Vega short course students an easy and affordable way to finance their studies with study loans offering extended payment plans.
Learning Loans' vision is to help you invest in your future with a seamless application process that can be done on an online platform. Visit their site to find out more: learningloans.co.za/apply-vega
IIE-Vega is not an authorised financial services provider nor a representative or agent of any financial services provider.
IIE-Vega does not intend to provide financial advice and no communication from IIE-Vega should be construed as constituting a recommendation, guidance, proposal or advice of a financial nature.
Digital Marketing by Chaffey, D. & Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2019) Print ISBN: 9781292241579
Participants need to purchase the prescribed textbook, our preferred supplier is: Wize Books - www.vegabooks.co.za