Acquire the kind of complex problem solving and strategic skills required to forge the paths that unlock the true potential of the brand. The IIE BA in Strategic Brand Communication equips students with the kind of strategic thinking and inspired planning skills that are in high demand across the brand communications industry. The programme develops crucial strategic skills required to identify, explore, analyse and solve pressing brand communication challenges through the development and implementation of innovative, original and accountable strategies.
- Strategic Brand Communication 1A, 1B & 1C
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies 1
- Principles of Innovation
- Business Communication and Digital Media 1
- Brand Communication Project Management A & B
- Strategic Brand Communication 2A & 2C
- Strategic Brand Communication 2B: Channel Planning
- Consumer Behaviour
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies 2
- Sustainable Business Practice
- Practice of Innovation
- Brand Activation
- Strategic Brand Communication 3A & 3B
- Innovation Management
- Brand Challenge
- Experiential Brand Building
- Digital Brand Building
- Introduction to Research
- Research Practice
First year fee for new registrations starting in 2023
R92 000 Full Settlement Total Fee
R98 200 Instalment Total Fee (10 Monthly Instalments)
A *Pre-Registration Fee of R2 000 and *Deposit of R12 728 are included in the Total Fee.
*Refundable if admission criteria for the qualification is not met.
- Applications for the 2024 intake are subject to a non-refundable application fee of R700.
- You will be required to complete a new contract annually which will include fees for that year.
- Returning students can obtain the 2023 fees from their Relationship Navigator.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission- A minimum of 30% for English; OR
- A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 50% in English; OR
- A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) with 33.3% in English
- A Senior Certificate (Amended) SC(A) with degree admission- A minimum of 30% in LOLT in NSC/ SC(a) OR with a min. of 33.3% in SC; OR
- Alternatively, a cognate Higher Certificate or cognate 240 credit Diploma OR an Advanced Certificate OR 360 credit Diploma may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies. If discipline not cognate at least 20% of credits must be academic literacy or numeracy related.
- For international qualifications: An USAf Exemption Certificate is required and meeting the relevant English requirements.
Senate Discretionary Admission
Mature Age Exemption: A USAf Exemption Certificate is required
- Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a Senior Certificate with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
- Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
- An USAf exemption Certificate is required.
Senate Discretionary Mature Age Admission for students with a Senior Certificate with endorsement
- Candidates 23 years and older at point of registration, with an endorsed Senior Certificate can be accepted on a senate discretionary mature age admission. Their academic progress will be tracked and reported at Senate. An USAf Exemption Certificate is not required.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Where candidates do not satisfy the formal admission requirements for this qualification, The IIE may consider an admission application in terms of the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning and Qualification Completion Policy (IIE010).
USAf approved cognate foundation programme
- Candidates who have completed an USAf approved cognate foundation programme from a registered and accredited provider may be admitted.
- An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Candidates who have successfully completed at least 120 credits on the first year of a cognate degree may be admitted. However, if a student completed less than 120 credits, the admission criteria on the NSC or equivalent apply.
- Candidates with an OQSF Level 5 cognate qualification may be admitted, provided the OQSF qualification has at least 120 credits at NQF Level 5. An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Brand and Communications Planner
- Strategic Planner
- Account Executive
- Event Manager
- Public Relations Planner
- Sponsorship Planner
- Channel/Media Planner
- Digital Marketing Planner
- Research Communication Manager
- Internal Communication Manager
Class of 2017
Rayven is a Junior Account Manager at BK Agency. She found that the practical nature of her IIE degree helped with her industry transition, especially Brand Challenge and internships, giving her an edge over other candidates.READ MORE
Class of 2017
Brogian is a Brand Strategist at UNBRANDED_. She adopts a custom and purposeful approach to providing solutions that bring value to clients’ brand and marketing efforts.READ MORE
Class of 2017
Thina is a Field Marketing Specialist for Red Bull. She loved studying because it “didn’t end in the textbook”, was very practical and highly challenging.READ MORE