One of the fastest-growing fields in the brand communications industry is that of Digital Marketing. Skilled Digital Marketers are some of the most sought-after professionals in the brand communications industry. Digital marketing is a challenging and rewarding vocation for those with a knack for fusing powerful content with equally powerful digital mechanisms for its dissemination to the right target audiences and markets. Inherently strategic in nature, the IIE BCom in Digital Marketing equips students with the skills required to identify the right message and the right digital platforms and mediums to deliver this message for maximum impact. The qualification brings together all the necessary knowledge and skills to design, build, manage and measure effective digital campaigns weaving together the core skills of digital marketing, social media, online Public Relations, paid and organic search and measurement programmes. As part of the experiential component of the qualification, students work in multidisciplinary teams engaging in real-world brand challenges. Action learning is rounded off with the option of an Industry Immersion programme with companies, agencies or consultancies of choice.
- Accounting 1A
- Business Management 1
- Applied Communication Techniques
- Introduction to Web Development
- Accounting 1B
- Introduction to Marketing Theory and Practice
- Digital Marketing 1B
- Introduction to Micro and Macro Economics
- Small Business Management
- Digital Marketing 2A
- Financial Management for Strategic Brand Management 2
- Quantitative Techniques
- Digital Marketing 2B
- Project Management
- Brand Activation
- Data Analytics for Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing 3A
- Strategic Management
- Introduction to Research
- Digital Communication Law
- Digital Marketing 3B
- Digital Brand and Business Strategy
- Research Practice
- Brand Challenge
First year fee for new registrations starting in 2023
R103 000 Full Settlement Total Fee
R110 040 Instalment Total Fee (10 Monthly Instalments)
A *Pre-Registration Fee of R2 000 and *Deposit of R14 504 are included in the Total Fee.
*Refundable if admission criteria for the qualification is not met.
- Applications for the 2024 intake are subject to a non-refundable application fee of R700.
- You will be required to complete a new contract annually which will include fees for that year.
- Returning students can obtain the 2023 fees from their Relationship Navigator.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission- A minimum of 30% for English, 40% for Mathematics or 60% for Mathematical Literacy/Technical Maths; OR
- A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 50% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy/Technical Maths, with a minimum of 60%; OR
- A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) with at least 33.3% for English, 40% for Mathematics on the HG; OR at least 60% for Mathematics on the SG; OR
- A Senior Certificate (Amended) SC(A) with degree admission with at least 40% for Mathematics on the HG; OR at least 60% for Mathematics on the SG. A minimum of 30% in LOLT in NSC/ SC(a) OR with a min. of 33.3% in SC
- For international qualifications: An USAf Exemption Certificate is required and meeting the relevant Maths and English requirements.
- Alternatively, a cognate Higher Certificate or cognate 240 credit Diploma OR an Advanced Certificate OR 360 credit Diploma may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies. If discipline not cognate at least 20% of credits must be academic literacy or numeracy related.
Senate Discretionary Admission
Mature Age Exemption: A USAf Exemption Certificate is required
- Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a Senior Certificate with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
- Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
- An USAf exemption Certificate is required.
Senate Discretionary Mature Age Admission for students with a Senior Certificate with endorsement
- Candidates 23 years and older at point of registration, with an endorsed Senior Certificate can be accepted on a senate discretionary mature age admission. Their academic progress will be tracked and reported at Senate. An USAf Exemption Certificate is not required.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Where candidates do not satisfy the formal admission requirements for this qualification, The IIE may consider an admission application in terms of the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning and Qualification Completion Policy (IIE010).
USAf approved cognate foundation programme
- Candidates who have completed an USAf approved cognate foundation programme from a registered and accredited provider may be admitted.
- An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Candidates who have successfully completed at least 120 credits on the first year of a cognate degree may be admitted. The additional Maths/Math Lit/Technical Maths criteria falls away. However, if a student completed less than 120 credits, the admission criteria on the NSC or equivalent apply.
- Candidates with an OQSF Level 5 cognate qualification may be admitted, provided the OQSF qualification has at least 120 credits at NQF Level 5. An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Digital Marketer/Strategist
- Social Media Strategist
- Media Planner
- Advertising Account Executive
- Electronic Marketer
- Content Coordinator
- Digital Communication Manager
- Communication Strategist
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Director
Class of 2017
Jarred is the Salesforce System Admin for Invictus. He automates processes, analyses data, draws insights, drafts business proposals, and improves speed and efficiency.READ MORE
Class of 2017
Tiffani works at Vodacom HQ. She says “Vega prepared [her] well, especially thanks to brand challenge.” They complete mini brand challenges on a continuous basis at Vodacom, coming up with exciting and creative ways to market their products.READ MORE
Class of 2017
Zoleka works at Wavemaker South Africa. Vega gave her “the opportunity to explore the digital world.” Her IIE degree was practical and theoretical, so she became more than a team member or ordinary student.READ MORE