Equip yourself with the potent fusion of brand and business strategic skills required to design the unique, innovative strategies to unleash the true market power of the brand. The IIE BCom in Strategic Brand Management grooms graduates for leadership positions in brand management and business strategy in a range of industries in both developed and developing markets. The programme is focused upon the development of smart, original and cohesive brand, business, and management strategies that challenge existing paradigms. As part of the experiential component of the qualification, students work in multidisciplinary teams engaging in real-world brand challenges. Action learning is rounded off with the option of an Industry Immersion programme with companies, agencies or consultancies of choice.
- Critical Thinking and Media Studies
- Accounting 1A
- Brand Management 1
- Creative Development 1
- Business Management 1
- Accounting 1B
- Introduction to Micro and Macro Economics
- Quantitative Techniques
- Business Management 2A: Entrepreneurship
- Financial Management for Strategic Brand Management 2
- Economics in Brand Building 2
- Brand Management 2: Channel Planning
- Brand Management 2: Developing Markets and Consumer Behaviour
- Business Management 2B
- Brand Activation
- Practice of Innovation
- Brand Management 3A: Strategy
- Business Management 3A
- Digital Brand and Business Strategy
- Introduction to Research
- Business Management 3B
- Brand Challenge
- Brand Management 3: Strategic Brand Evaluation
- Research Practice
First year fee for new registrations starting in 2024
R109 000 Full Settlement Total Fee
R116 960 Instalment Total Fee (10 Monthly Instalments)
A *Pre-Registration Fee of R2 500 is included in the Total Fee
*Refundable if admission criteria for the qualification is not met.
- Applications for the 2024 intake are subject to a non-refundable late application fee of R1750.
- You will be required to complete a new contract annually which will include fees for that year.
- Returning students can consult the bill of costs on the website to obtain their 2024 fees based on their basket of modules.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Degree admission- A minimum of 30% for English, 40% for Mathematics or 60% for Mathematical Literacy/Technical Maths; OR
- A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 50% for English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics 50% or 60% for Mathematical Literacy; OR
- A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) with at least 33.3% for English and 40% for Mathematics on the HG; OR at least 60% for Mathematics on the SG; OR
- A Senior Certificate(Amended) SC(A) with degree admission with at least 40% for Mathematics on the HG; OR at least 60% for Mathematics on the SG, A minimum of 30% in LOLT in NSC/SC(a) OR with a min. of 33.3% in SC
- For international qualifications: An USAf Exemption Certificate is required and meeting the relevant Maths and English requirements.
- Alternatively, a cognate Higher Certificate or cognate 240 credit Diploma OR an Advanced Certificate OR 360 credit Diploma may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies. If discipline not cognate at least 20% of credits must be academic literacy or numeracy related.
Senate Discretionary Admission
Mature Age Exemption: A USAf Exemption Certificate is required
- Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a Senior Certificate with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
- Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
- An USAf exemption Certificate is required.
Senate Discretionary Mature Age Admission for students with a Senior Certificate with endorsement
- Candidates 23 years and older at point of registration, with an endorsed Senior Certificate can be accepted on a senate discretionary mature age admission. Their academic progress will be tracked and reported at Senate. An USAf Exemption Certificate is not required.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Where candidates do not satisfy the formal admission requirements for this qualification, The IIE may consider an admission application in terms of the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning and Qualification Completion Policy (IIE010).
USAf approved cognate foundation programme
- Candidates who have completed an USAf approved cognate foundation programme from a registered and accredited provider may be admitted.
- An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Candidates who have successfully completed at least 120 credits on the first year of a cognate degree may be admitted. The additional Maths/Math Lit/Technical Maths criteria falls away. However, if a student completed less than 120 credits, the admission criteria on the NSC or equivalent apply.
- Candidates with an OQSF Level 5 cognate qualification may be admitted, provided the OQSF qualification has at least 120 credits at NQF Level 5. An USAf Exemption Certificate is required - the Office of the Registrar will facilitate, on behalf of the student, an application for degree admission to USAf, once the student has provided proof of payment to USAf.
- Strategic Planner
- Product/Marketing/Brand Manager
- Account Manager
- Business Consultant
- Brand Strategist
- Marketing Manager
- Channel Planner
- Brand Auditor
Class of 2017
Matt is a Brand and Business Manager for Daymon Worldwide. He recommends The IIE BCom in Strategic Brand Management as “it provides a holistic look at the world of branding and marketing.”READ MORE
Class of 2017
Aneeb is a Strategist at King James and volunteers with TEDxCapeTown. During Brand Challenges, "Vega really taught [him] how to be proactive…and look beyond what you’re taught in a classroom.”READ MORE
Class of 2017
Kerri is completing her post graduate diploma at WITS. She credits Vega for preparing her for agency life and the working world, particularly Brand Challenge, and practical group work.READ MORE